Sweet Potato Hash
Everybody loves breakfast but for those of you who tend to intermittent fast in the mornings, let's call it lunch. Sweet potato has been a staple at the RWC ranch for years due to its convenience and high nutritional value energy wise. Making this dish will become second nature & can feed the whole family easily plus you will rest assured you are fueling them and yourself naturally and healthy. We have given an ingredient list but please feel free to add any ingredients you want & leave comments for everyone to see & try. For an extra protein & fat hit, we have added bacon and biltong. Enjoy!
- Organic sweet potato
- Organic eggs
- Organic Peppers & Tomatoes
- Onions (optional)
- Coconut oil or paleo cooking oil of your choice
- Organic baby spinach
- Salt, pepper & any spices you want
- Grass-fed bacon
- RWC biltong or beef sticks
- Prepare sweet potato by washing and dicing into small pieces (the smaller the faster it will cook)
- Wash all other veg and slice/dice to your liking
- Using you cast iron pan, heat and add coconut oil to fry sweet potato
- Add sweet potato and cover until signs of softening
- Remove lid and let crisp while at the same time adding your veg (except spinach)
- When cooked to your liking (some like hard some like soft) add spinach and let wilt or leave till the end & eat raw
- You now have the option to scramble eggs into the hash or remove hash to separate bowl & cook eggs how you like eg. poached, fried, scrambled etc.
You're done! serve how you like and enjoy with any paleo style sauces.